1 lb Gain
Thanks to my food log, I am not at all surprised I gained this week. One thing about logging my food...it never lets me forget the poor choices. Some of those choices included horribly unhealthy fried oysters, shrimp & fish. Along with far too much cheese (the cheese really did go undetected). I ended up the week with 43% carbs, 39% fat and a mere 18% protein. Totally unacceptable in my new healthy lifestyle. This is the reason I am so diligent about logging my foods. It's a challenge sometimes because I want to sweep my poor choices under the rug...by not entering them in the log. Of course, it would only fool my mind, my scale will show the truth.
My dietitian consultation was great as usual. First we reviewed my food log and made some adjustments to my diet for the next month. I was really surprised how much of the fat this week came from cheese. Even though I am measuring the cheese and choosing organic types, it still has significant fat.
* I am reducing my weekly intake of cheese to 2x a week or less. If it still reflects on the scale, I will reduce to 1x or eliminate completely.
* I am also adjusting my caloric intake again from 1400 to 1300 per week. I am also to plan meatless meals 1-2 nights a week.
* add nuts & seeds (walnuts,almonds)
Next we focused on Shopping and making smart food choices. She wants me to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, something I am already working on. I am to use small dinner plates as much as possible, half of the plate should be protein. 1/4 veggies/fruit, 1/4 whole wheat. But I cannot touch the carbs until I have eaten all the protein, then the veggies..in that order.
Some foods to try this month:
Hummus & edamame
NSV'S for this week:
- I was able to wear a pants to a function that I have not worn in over a year
- I refused macNcheese & a gorgeous dinner roll while eating out
- swam laps 4x
- walked 2x
- strength training 1x
- yoga 1x
- I logged all my foods
I anticipate no challenges for this upcoming as we prepare for our week of vacationing on the beach in Tampa.