Yesterday was my 6 month bandiversary and I swear it does not seem that long! I thought I would reflect on changes I have noticed since then and maybe some hopes before my 1 year bandiversary.
1. I have lost 35 lbs. WOOT! WOOT!
2. I am just now getting some restriction, which means I pretty much lost that 35lbs on my own since I didn't feel anything from my band until this last fill. This thought fills me with hope that I can lose more since I have my band helping me now.
3. I have said this before, without the band, this would have been just another failed diet because I had all but given up before I got this last fill which gave me my first real restriction. (I had restriction before, but it would disappear in a day or two, I think it was just swelling.) Without my band, I would have been on my way to gaining weight back already, I was so frustrated with my progress.
4. I am eating normal foods in smaller portions and still lost weight, that is awesome to me!
5. I just started going through my closet for my trip next month and everything is too big, time for S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G :)
6. My husband called me his skinny wife the other night...the best NSV ever. My husband has been my number one supporter through all of this. He never once made me feel unwanted when I was overweight. He just wants me to be happy.
7. I have come to stage where dieting and the band are only a small part of my life and I feel so normal again.
8. People at work are noticing and commenting all the time, another NSV.
9. I am looking forward to wearing shorts this summer, last summer I was so miserable about my weight.
10. I have made some wonderful blogger friends and it is so great to have all of you to share with!
The next 6 months plan:
1. Become more active outdoors.
a) ride my bike at least once a week
b) 1 hour walks with my husband after work
c) tennis lessons
2. Keep using my pre-measured 1/2 cup containers for lunch.
3. Add more veggies to my meals
4. Plan physical activities with the family on weekends.
5. Make exercise and healthy eating a normal part of my life, but NO FORBIDDEN FOODS!